YOUNG STAR SERIES
Come discover Montreal’s finest emerging artists!
The OCM Young Stars Series is a 20-minute pre-concert performance featuring highly talented emerging artists as an opener to 6 concerts this season.
Our aim is to offer young musicians the opportunity to perform in front of our beloved audience, and also to give our audiences the opportunity to discover up-and-coming local musicians.
The performances will take place in the lobby of each concert venue starting at 2:15 pm and will be free of charge for ticket holders.
The OCM is committed to creating a diverse environment and encourages musicians from all backgrounds to apply for this new opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
- L’art de l’orgue | October 6, 2019 at Maison Symphonique (Young Star: Antoine Rivard-Landry, piano)
- Gloria | November 3, 2019 at Salle Pierre-Mercure (Young Star: Tariq Harb, guitar)
- Après-midi à Vienne | February 16, 2020 at Victoria Hall (Young Star: TBA)
- Tout ce Jazz | March 8, 2020 at the Oscar Peterson Concert Hall (Young Star: TBA)
- Beethoven & Brott | May 24, 2020 at Salle Bourgie (Young Star: TBA)
- Ode à la joie | June 7, 2020 at Maison Symphonique (Young Star: TBA)
What to play?
A 20 minute program of various repertoire is required, however, we strongly encourage repertoire that has a link to the concert program. Final repertoire choices must be approved by the OCM.
The performer(s) will be paid an honorarium of $150.
Should the performer require an accompanist, the OCM can provide one free of charge for the performance. The performer is responsible for scheduling rehearsals and the costs associated.