EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Administrative Coordinator
Hours: 30 to 35 hours per week (including some evenings during events)
Job Status: Permanent, full-time Start Date: July 1, 2020
Salary: $22-$25/hour (annual: $34K to $40K) depending on experience
The Orchestre classique de Montréal (OCM) is one of Canada’s most renowned and oldest ensembles. For over 80 years, this non-profit organization has as its mission to present high quality musical performances, collaborate with a variety of cultural organizations, promote music education, and champion Canadian and, in particular, Quebec talent.
The OCM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for managing the organization’s daily operations while working closely with the Executive Director on various tasks.
– Coordinating and disseminating company correspondance
– Writing and translating all required documents from both official languages
– Researching & applying for various funding sources (Private, Corporate & Government)
– Coordinating and maintaining strong and positive relationships with all funders
– Administering artist and personnel contracts
– Working closely with the marketing manager during concerts & events
– Having an strong knowledge of social media and contribute to its content
– Being the representative of the organization when the Executive or Artistic Directors are not available
– Supporting the Executive Director and Artistic Director in various tasks in a timely fashion
– One year or more experience with an arts organization
– Excellent computer & organizational skills
– Excellent writing and speaking skills in both official languages
– Studies in Music and appreciation of all things related to classical music & culture
– Excellent knowledge of Montreal’s cultural scene
– Excellent knowledge of the various social media outlets
– Agility, flexibility, adaptability, a self-starter with a can-do attitude
– Good judgment, diplomacy, honesty and integrity, creativity
– Able to multitask under pressure
– Detail oriented while working quickly
– A positive and engaging image and attitude
Before June 18, 2020, please send your cover letter and CV by email to: [email protected] to the attention of Executive Director, Mr. Taras Kulish. Only selected candidates will be contacted. No acknowledgement of receipt will be sent. Thank you for your interest in the OCM.